Introducing the DNP Cameras in Motion 24″ Linear Motion Motorized Camera Slider GoPro Edition with the Compact DNP Motor Controller designed for time-lapse photography which also may be used for cinematic** applications. This product adds smooth motion to your time-lapse and cinematic** projects.The GoPro Edition weighs in at about 2 Lbs 8 Oz and 3 Lbs with the motor controller. This slider was designed for photographers who travel and are looking for a light camera slider. This slider and motor controller are small enough to be packed in a suitcase for air travel. It works with compact point-and-shoot cameras, GoPro along was smaller video cameras. Ideal for the micro 4/3 cameras as well. Not recommended for DSLR Cameras because the slider weighs less than most DSLR camera which will create a tipping hazard. I love this slider for its sleek and super lightweight design that is easy to carry to most locations. It can also be attached to the outside of any backpack so you can take it to more remote locations.
Features an easy to change motor. Simply loosen the motor mount with the Allen wrench (included) and then move the pulley to the new motor. Install motor in motor mount. Rotate motor to adjust belt tension and tighten Allen screw on motor mount. It will work with most 37 mm diameter motors with a 6 mm shaft.
Load capacity of 3 pounds including camera and tripod ball-head. The Slider is hand-built and tested before shipment.
The slider’s is compatible with the MX3 Motion Controller from Dynamic Perceptions. You will need the Adapter Cable C3 sold separately to adapt the MX3 motion controller connect to our motors. If you are interested in using the MX3 Motion Controller Instead of the DNP cameras in motion motor controller please contact me through the eBay email service with your specifications and application needs and I will set up a slider package to fit your needs.
Other Motor speeds are available and sold separately.
Available now on eBay. Click below for Pricing!
Notes: **Video with sound May require a remote microphone to reduce noise generated by the camera slider motor.
Demonstration time-lapse video with Go Pro and the LT edition slider
Demonstration time-lapse video with the Nikon D300s and the LT addition slider
Our sliders now come in 4 different Sizes. Our original DNP cameras in motion motorized camera slider 2.0 has a load capacity of 15 pounds. Our DSLR edition has a load capacity of 10 pounds. Our LT Edition has a load capacity of 5 pounds and our go Pro edition has a load capacity of 3 pounds. Please visit our eBay store DNP Cameras in Motion for other DNP Cameras in Motion products and more information.
- DNP Linear Motion Motorized Camera Slider with Motor Controller
- 1 24” 8020 inc. series 1 1010 extruded rail
- 2 inch tripod/leg assembly mounts (installed)
- 1 pulley assembly with mounting hardware (installed)
- 1 motor mount assembly with mounting hardware (installed)
- 1 sliding dolly assembly with mounting hardware (installed)
- 1 belt assembly with mounting hardware (installed)
- 1 Compact DNP Motor Controller
- 1 RCA patch cable
- 1 User manual
- 1 7 piece Allen wrench set
- 1 – leg bracket with 2 adjustable screw FEET with thumbscrews knobs Motor assembly side
- 1 screw foot for pulley assembly side
- The slider includes two motors, one .5 rpm, one 20 rpm
Note: (Cameras, ball heads, video heads and tripods NOT included).
Motors available on ebay (.5RPM, 1RPM, 20RPM and 30RPM). Other motors available by special request and special order please contact me for more information. ( 5RPM, 10RPM, 40RPM, 60RPM)
Motor time Reference Chart*
Note: *Times are approximate and may vary with camera weight and battery voltage. Variable speeds require a motor controller. The Compact DNP Motor Controller used on this slider uses voltage ranging from 6-12VDC this will affect the speeds of this slider. Use the chart above as a reference guide only. The full travel is based on 12VDC and 41 inches of travel.
Note: **Video with sound may require a remote microphone to reduce noise generated by the camera slider motor.
Slider and Motor Specifications
• Overall length 24 inches
• Slider and motor is 2 Lbs 8 Oz 3 Lbs with Compact DNP Motor Controller
• Camera slider travel is about 19 inches
• Built on the 8020, Inc. Series 1 1010 extruded 24″ aluminum rail and nylon bearings for smooth travel
• Removable 1 legged stand with adjustable feet and 1 screw foot at other end for stability on most surfaces
• 2 tripod mounts each are ¼- 20 thread; located on the bottom of slider at each end. To mount a tripod or leg assemblies.
• ¼-20” ball head mount on travel dolly
• 1 6-12volt .5 RPM motor
• 1 6-12volt 20 RPM motor
Our new compact motor controller is easy to use and only weighs in at 6 oz with a 9V battery installed. As with our original DNP motor controller there are No complicated menu systems that may require a manual each time you use it. Just three simple controls on/off and speed control in one, direction switch and power source switch. This new controller works on a single 9 VDC internal replaceable battery or an optional external power source input 5.5 mm X 2.1 mm Jack And runs on voltages ranging from 6 to 12 VDC, It can even work with an AC power adapter to 12 VDC for continuous use. This motor controller is variable, continuous speed and reversible. It is self-contained with Its own replaceable 9V battery Or rechargeable 9V battery and has an RCA output connector. Simply use the RCA audio patch cable (included) to connect the controller to the DNP motor.
This is a very low power consumption controller. When paired with one of the DNP Cameras in Motion Camera Sliders. It will run for several hours on a single 9 V battery. Angle of slider and weight of camera will affect how long the 9V battery will last. I have added an external power Jack for optional power source to increased runtime.
The motor controller is ideal for other DIY projects. It will be compatible with many future DNP Innovative camera motion products, like a motorized camera pan head, motorized barn door star tracking head for Astro Widefield photography.
Note: Adapter cables (Sold Separately) may be required to connect this controller to Other manufacturer’s motors, sliders And other equipment.
Motor Controller Specifications
- 6-12volt Variable speed reversible PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) motor controller module.
- This controller produces full input volt variable pulse modulation which produces better power at lower speeds.
- Output voltage is between 6-12 VDC depending on input voltage and .1 Amp to 1 Amp Max*
- 9V Batery (Not included), Optional external power of 6–12 VDC through the 5.5 mm X 2.1 mm Jack.
- Variable speed potentiometer with on off switch
- On/Off/On direction switch
- Built-in automatic 2 amp short circuit protected for output
- Weight is 6 OZ with 9V battery
- Overall dimensions 5.5″ x 3″ x 1.5″
Compact DNP Motor Controller Description
- Output to motor – The output RCA jack is located just left of the power selector switch.
- The Output has an internal automatic 2 Amp protection circuit.
- The red LED power indicator light is located next to the on/off and speed control behind the red plastic window.
- Power Selector Switch Is located between the RCA output Jack and the 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm Jack
- Optional power input 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm Jack Is located to the right of the power selector switch
- Direction – Just To the left of the on/off and speed control knob
- The battery compartment is located on the underside of the Compact DNP Motor Controller will
- Rotate the speed control fully counterclockwise until it clicks. This will shut the power off.
- Install a new 9 V battery in the battery compartment or connect an optional power source 6-12 VDC.
- Connect one end of the RCA cable to the top of the motor and the other end to the motor controller.
- Verify directional switch is in the center position (off or standby).
- Rotate the speed control fully clockwise. Verify the red LED lights up.
- Switch the directional switch in either direction and adjust speed control to your desired speed.
Never leave your slider unattended. Letting the slider run all the way until it runs into either end of the slider may cause damage to the motor if the motor stalls. Damage may be more likely on the .5RPM and the 1RPM motors. Ensure that your camera is stable and remain close to your camera during the operation of the slider in case of unintended tipping. Tipping could be a potential issue with larger cameras and long lenses.
The DNP cameras in motion sliders come with a 5 year warranty from the date of your purchase. Motor Controllers come with a 1 year warranty from the date of your purchase. The timing belt and motors have a 60 day warranty from date of your purchase.[Read More]
Shipping is by USPS and UPS – US customers only. Shipped worldwide through eBay global shipping service (Worldwide Shipping and import charges may vary depending on location. EBay will figure that out for you.)
Please feel free to Contact Us with any of your questions at
Compact DNP Motor Controller
Available now on eBay. Click below for Pricing!