Introducing the DSLR Edition of the 48″ DNP Linear Motion Motorized Camera Slider designed for time-lapse photography which also may be used for cinematic** applications. Everything is included to produce stunning time-lapse videos with the exception of the motor controller (see descriptions below) which is sold separately and your camera, lens, Interval timer and ball head. This product adds smooth motion to your time-lapse and video** projects.
Features an easy to change motor. Simply loosen the motor mount with the Allen wrench (included) and then move the pulley to the new motor. Install motor in motor mount. Rotate motor to adjust belt tension and tighten Allen screw on motor mount. It will work with most 37 mm diameter motors with a 6 mm shaft.
This is our medium size slider designed for DSLR’s cameras. It will also work with cameras like the Micro 4/3 mirrorless cameras, Go Pro Cameras, Point-and-Shoot cameras and Medium-size video cameras. Load capacity of 10 pounds including camera lens and tripod ball-head.
The Slider are hand-built and tested before shipment. (See sample video at bottom of post) (Some assembly required)
- 1 48” 8020 inc. series 10 2010 extruded rail
- 1 pulley assembly with mounting hardware (Installed)
- 1 motor mount assembly with mounting hardware (Installed)
- 1 sliding dolly assembly with mounting hardware (Mounting plate dimensions 4″ x 4″ (Installed)
- 1 belt assembly with mounting hardware (Installed)
- 1 User manual
- 1 7 peace Allen wrench tool kit
- 2 leg bracket assembly with thumbscrews knob For easy assembly and 2 adjustable feet each
- The slider includes two motors, one 1 rpm, one 20 rpm
Note: Items Not Included (DNP Motor Controller, Cameras, Lens, Ball Heads/Video Heads, Tripods & Interval Timer).
Available now on eBay. Click below for Pricing!
Motor Controllers (Now Sold Separately) – We now have 2 versions.
Our Standard DNP Motor Controller is self-contained with a 1.2 Ah rechargeable battery with charger. It is available to continental USA customers only excluding Alaska and Hawaii.
Our Compact DNP Motor Controller is also self-contained and uses an internal replaceable 9V battery for several hours of operation or you can use the auxiliary input of 6-12V for additional operating time. This controller is available to USA customer and worldwide through eBay global shipping program.
MX3 motion controller – The slider is compatible with the MX3 motion controller from dynamic perceptions. You will need the Adapter Cable C3 sold separately to adapt the MX3 motion controller connect to our motors. If you are interested in using the MX3 Motion Controller Instead of the DNP cameras in motion motor controller. Please Contact Us through eBay with your specifications and application needs and I will set up a slider package to fit your needs.
I will build this slider to a size you specify. Standard is 48” other sizes available include 24”,30”, 36”, 42”. These sizes will ship within 24 hours. Other sizes available by special order and require a 3 weeks to ship our 60”, 72”, 96”. Additional shipping charges will apply to these last 3 sizes. Please Contact Me through eBay for a quote.
Note: Other motors available by special request and special order. Please contact me for more information.
Slider and Motor Specifications
- Overall length 48 inches
- Slider and motor is 6 pounds
- Camera slider travel is 40 inches
- Built on the 8020, Inc. Series 10 2010 extruded rail and nylon bearings for smooth travel
- Removable 4 legged stand with adjustable feet for stability on most surfaces
- 3 tripod mounts each are ¼- 20 thread; located on the bottom of slider at each end and the middle
- 3/8” ball head mount on travel dolly
- 1 3-12volt 1 RPM motor – variable speed travel from 20 minutes full travel* to 45 minutes* full travel.
- 1 3-12volt 20 RPM motor – travel from 60 seconds full travel* to 10 minutes* full travel
Notes: *Times are approximate and may vary with camera weight and battery voltage. Variable speeds require a motor controller. **Video with sound may require a remote microphone to reduce noise generated by the camera slider motor.
Shipping is by UPS Ground only within the continental US Excludes Alaska and Hawaii because of the sealed lead acid battery in the motor controller.
Please feel free to Contact Me, Doug Niedermiller, with any of your questions
The DNP cameras in motion sliders come with a 5 year warranty from the date of your purchase. Motor Controllers come with a 1 year warranty from the date of your purchase. The timing belt and motors have a 60 day warranty from date of your purchase. [Read More]
DNP cameras In Motion Slider Package
Underside of the rail and Dolly
Underside of the rail and Dolly
Adjustable Leg Assembly Attached
Adjustable Leg Assembly
Motor Mount Assembly showing with (30 RPM Motor sold separately)
Dolly Assembly 4″ X 4″ top plate with 3/8-16 ball head mount
3 1/4-20 Leg assembly and tripod mount adapter plates. One at each end and one in the center